The company operates within the Electronics sector.
- Director of Architecture, Persistent Memories will be responsible for managing teams to define the architecture and provide leadership to the implementation of Persistent Memories in CPU-based platforms for the datacenter.
- In this role, the Director of Architecture leads a team of architects that along with the CPU and system architecture teams define the Persistent Memory subsystem and the DIMM architecture.
- This team works with Planning and Marketing functions during the early definition phase to incorporate market and customer requirements; with Design Engineering (Silicon, Firmware and Software) teams during the implementation phase, and with Validation, Characterization and Productization Engineering teams during product validation phase.
- In each case, the Director of Architecture is expected to be a senior member of the cross-functional team and provide substantial leadership to each phase of the product and act as the primary coordinator of various engineering teams responsible to the business unit.
Furthermore, Director of Architecture also manages the Power and Performance Characterization team. This team characterizes key performance and power traits of the product against the specifications, and implements trade-offs to optimize value prop of the product for different applications.
- 20+ years of semiconductor industry experience with background in computer architecture, CPU design and memory subsystem design; demonstrated contributions to the field.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Track record of leading engineering teams that architected, implemented and productized commercially successful products.
- Understanding of Xeon server platforms and roadmap.
- Knowledge of memory, networking and storage technologies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage customers and ecosystem partners in enablement, bring up and deployment phases.
- Ability to work with and provide leadership to a highly matrixed organization that is geographically diverse.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are a must as this position requires interaction at multiple levels across a variety of job functions.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality